Saturday 25 January 2014

Cutout Outcomes

I wanted to begin to look at the idea of cutouts. I began by developing all of the stitch outcomes I completed earlier in the project.








I felt that these outcomes were very good baselines to experiment with the cutouts and I wanted to develop these ideas further and improve my cutout skills. 


The cutout above shows experimentation with a different type of paper used to the background, an aspect I found particularly powerful and unique to the quite basic black background I have previously used.


I chose to develop the idea of using black paper for the main paper cut and using white for the background. By moving away from singular buildings and moving towards the panorama shot really powered the outcome and made it unique to the previous cutouts I have looked at. 


I chose to look at the idea of 3D cutouts and layering the outcome. I felt the outcome was powerful however it isn't a path I wish to head down for my final outcome. 

Word count: 169


No comments:

Post a Comment